Even if your website is online, it does not mean that Google has indexed it already. It can take time for Google bots to crawl millions of sites each day and index your newly built portfolio.
Your website may not appear in search results if it's newly published, its pages are unpublished or your content doesn't match what people search for.
Verify if your website is indexed by Google
Open your web browser and type in the address bar: "site:URL-of-your-site" (ex: site:www.portfoliobox.net). If your pages show up, it means Google has added your site to its index. Congratulations!
If no pages appear in results
- Make sure that your site is published. If you haven't published your site, Google will not index it.
- Make sure your pages are published. If your website is published but all your pages are unpublished, Google will not index your website.
- Verify your website with your Google Search Console.
- Submit your sitemap.
If specific pages don't appear
- Check that the pages in question are published.
- Verify your site with Google Search Console, if you haven't already.
- Submit individual pages URLs to Search Console.
NB! Your site being indexed doesn't actually mean that your page is appearing in Search results. You need to work on the optimisation of your website.