Start a new topic

Password Protect a page

Under the last platform of portfolio 3 this option was availble and a bonus to protect our work, being able to give access to those whom we wanted, and deny those who we did not. Now under the guise of this new platform whislt there have been some improvements others have been forfeited. Myself and others interested would happily go back to the former platform for simplicity of use.

Surely a simple addition of this code could be added, to the body or something equally simple that would work.

<SCRIPT>
function passWord() {
var testV = 1;
var pass1 = prompt('Please Enter Your Password',' ');
while (testV < 3) {
if (!pass1)
history.go(-1);
if (pass1.toLowerCase() == "agreedaccess") {
alert('You Got it Right!');
window.open('protectpage.html');
break;
}
testV+=1;
var pass1 =
prompt('Access Denied - Password Incorrect, Please Try Again.','Password');
}
if (pass1.toLowerCase()!="password" & testV ==3)
history.go(-1);
return " ";
}
</SCRIPT>
<CENTER>
<FORM>
<input type="button" value="Enter Protected Area" onClick="passWord()">
</FORM>
</CENTER>

4 people like this idea

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Yes, I understand; however, even if the password protect feature was removed, we have also added the client gallery feature. Here, you may add the images that you want to keep private. If you want to share it to others, you can generate a link and also a password. I hope you can check it out and try to play with it to familiarize yourself. You can access it by going to Blog | Store | Clients > Manage Client Galleries.

As for the password protect feature, I will send it as suggestion to our development team for further consideration. Have a good day! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Yeah it would be great to have a password protect feature for specific pages :) That's the only reason why I'm not switching from portfoliobox 3 to portfoliobox 4. I unfortunately don't need the other features that client galleries has to offer. So if there was a feature to just add password protection to whichever pages we choose like in version 3, that'd be great!

Hello Jennifer,

The password protection has already been submitted to the developers as a suggestion. However, we still haven't heard of any updates regarding it. It will be helpful if you can give us some good points on why you need this feature as client gallery is already available which is very similar. If you can provide some good points to back up the suggestion, it will really be helpful. 

Happy holidays! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Hi,

I need to put a password in one of my pages because I have some parts of my porfolio under protection (they are under develepmoent right now). The client gallery doesn't have the same features. It doesn't work for me and my porfolio. How I can switch to porfoliobox3?? I need this password protection, please. I thought that was for pro clients so I made this update. What can I do?

Thank you!

Other people are asking the same question as myself here, I wanted to have page protection as in portfolio 3 by the means that to enter the website you have to enter a passphrase to gain entry. Over past few months there has been numerous images copied from my site and reposted onto competitors, sure I could watermark everything. But I want to have the ability to block those by means of a password who use use my website unfairly.

Alternatively i would like to ask the question is there a way back to going on portfolio 3. disapointing really moving back when technolgy is moving forward.

Hello, 

I hope you are all doing well. For now, the only workaround I can suggest is by using the client gallery. It works similarly with the password protected page. You can add photos inside and set a password before you share it to others. For more information about the client gallery, kindly check out this link

As for downgrading the version of your account, I'm sorry but it is currently not possible. 

I hope you understand. Please rest assured that your suggestions are being reviewed carefully by our development team and will be taken for further consideration. 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Just came across this thread as I was trying to figure out how to password protect a webpage. If it helps the developers, one reason the client gallery doesn't work as well for me is because I'm not uploading images for selection or comment, just confidential client graphics to be passively viewed. I need a password-protected gallery page that is just like my other gallery pages on my website, without those unneeded extra features cluttering up the page. With the client gallery template, I can't remove any of those extra features (search bar, sorting, comments, etc).

Hello Sarah, 

Thank you for sharing your reason, this will be really helpful. I will forward this to our development team for further consideration. 

Have a good day Sarah! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

I, too would like to request being able to password-protected page over a client gallery. UX wise, it seems to make much more sense to share a link and password over setting up a gallery and sending a separate email/message to those who would like to view the page.

Hoping this feature can be added soon.

I am sure they have added the password facility available from Portfoliobox version 3. Otherwise I will cancel my subscription immediately and move elsewhere. 

Hi,

Upon checking, you have sent a similar message to us via email and one of my colleagues already answered your inquiry regarding password protection and cancellation. 

Again, we are sorry and sad to see you leave; however, we cannot add the feature immediately. Portfoliobox version 4 is a different platform compared to version 3. The developers will have to discuss if the feature can be implemented in the new version. 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Here to add onto this months old thread that I am looking for the same feature as everyone else who has commented. Password protected pages as a means of showing work under NDA with potential future employers is a widespread industry standard in the field I am working in (animation). The client galleries are clunky with obtrusive text and buttons that I simply do not need, and these pages lack the customization for me to work around them. I need a normal gallery page that can be password protected, and I sincerely hope that this feature can be implemented soon especially because it seems like it was already in an older version.

I've otherwise enjoyed using portfolio box, but if this is not on the docket, I will have to go find another website host to use in the future.

Hello,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding this topic. I will forward it to the developers for further consideration. 

Stay safe and have a great weekend! 

Arvin (Forum Moderator) 

Another plead to create individual password/account protected gallery pages. We offer pattern/print designs for our B2B clients and don't want our competitors or freeloaders being able to see our new ideas. 

It doesn't look like we can use client galleries to give our clients access to browse our 1000+ images, divided in 5 galleries linked together as our "Collection"? 

We do like the options of the client galleries where you can comment on images or select favorites, only seen by us, not by other clients. But we certainly don't like the option to share images on social media.

Alternatively, would it be possible to get a product shop, where the above described functions are enabled? Important is that our clients need their own account/login and can browse both through thumbnails and large images and filter on different categories of our collections.

As payment is usually after some discussion and different pricing per client, invoice payment would be sufficient.

Login to post a comment